The main difference between BBA (General) and BBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) is the simple fact that the first is a general graduate degree course in Business administration while the other focuses on a specialized area of Management viz. Innovation and Entrepreneurship. In the era of growing technological advancement and increasingly diversified and complex business operations, a focus on specialized areas right from the undergraduate level is becoming more and more relevant. There are several specialized areas in management such as finance, management accountancy, corporate law, human resource management among others. A new exciting area of specialization today under management studies is ‘Innovation and Entrepreneurship’.
BBA General is the normal BBA course offered by colleges and universities for the students. It makes students learn about the management development skills and thus gives the student a basic idea about the corporate world.
BBA Innovation and Entrepreneurship gives the student a clearer idea about running an organization of his/her own. Students aiming to start their own startups can learn a lot from this course that will help them to execute with their business idea.
BBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) focuses majorly on developing Entrepreneurship and innovative skills. The course will teach you how to start a business, manage difficulties you are going to face in the business and how to react when you encounter them.
BBA General teaches the following aspects of business management
- Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Laws
- Business Mathematics & Statistics
- Financial Management
BBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) on the other hands focuses on:-
- Tactfully and systematically executing start-ups
- Identifying and evaluating innovative ideas with adequate business opportunities
- Critically analyzing new Businesses
- Bring out areas of interest in investors for creating entrepreneurship possibilities
- Create ideas for different business operations among existing successful firms
- Learn the moral and ethical values of entrepreneurship.
- Develop creative and innovative ideas for new business development.
So, BBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) program will qualify you for creating a start-up, transform an existing business or become an Entrepreneur. Graduates will be ready to become successful entrepreneurs and disruptive innovators.
Prof. Pooja Varia
Indira College of Commerce and Science, Pune.