The Grain donation campaign initiated by INS. A total of 1500 k.g. grain was collected.
Distribution detail are as follows:
1) Labourers at the construction site of Millenium Construction (200 k.g.)
2) Slums in and around Wakad (260 k.g.)
3) Chapekar Trust for children of the Pardhi Community (625 k.g.)
4) Chaitanya Mahila Mandal run “Ashray” an organization for women and children abandoned by their families (175 K.g.)
5) A night shelter for children of the ladies in the red light area of Budhwar Peth (250 k.g.)
The entire exercise was co-ordinated by Mrs. Manik Damle of Seva Sahyog an umbrella organization which works for 25 NGO’s. They acted as a bridge between the haves and the have nots.
Mrs. Vijaya Joshi