Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a two-year professional master’s degree program in the field of computer science and application approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). MCA course is designed to meet the increasing demand for qualified and skilled professionals in information technology.
It is a full-time postgraduate course offered by many colleges and universities across the country. The course emphasizes the latest trends in the IT sector, including programming languages and tools to develop better and faster applications.
After MCA course completion, students will be all set to take on the challenges in the field of software engineering and research. The two year MCA curriculum is very well designed to fulfill the current requirements of the software industry.
Master of computer application is the most suitable and preferred course for the student, which is now two years long. Any graduate who lost his/her opportunity to become a software engineer after the 12th exam due to less percentage or some other problems can pursue his/her dreams by enrolling in the MCA course.
MCA Admission Eligibility & Criteria:
Anyone having a bachelor’s degree who have a keen interest in programming can take admission in MCA. Generally, BCA, BCS and other graduates can pursue MCA. The following are the main criteria to take the admission in MCA:
- The nationality of the candidate should be Indian.
- BCA / B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. graduate with Mathematics as one of the subjects ( at 10+2 level or Graduation level examination ) and obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories, persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only)
- Non-zero positive scores in MAH-MCA-CET 2020.
Master of computer application is a two-year postgraduate course since the academic year 2020-21. This course has been divided into four semesters with a duration of six months each. In each semester, students have the choice to opt for two compulsory elective subjects (also termed as Open Subjects) of his/her own interest.
There is a mini project every semester. Students will complete a mini-project at the end of every semester in order to strengthen the understanding of the fundamentals of programming through the PRACTICAL application of the theoretical concepts. The mini-project helps the students to learn about teamwork, communication skills and responsibilities. Major project students need to complete in his last (Fourth) semester in the industry through the internship.
MCA Career Opportunities:
After the successful completion MCA program, one can work as a professional with different job roles. The candidates can choose the job role based on the area of their expertise and interest. Now, it is a golden opportunity to get placed in the third semester of the MCA program. Many MCA colleges provide job opportunities to the students in the final year of the MCA program through on-campus and off-campus placement drives. After MCA, job opportunities exist in Government as well as Private sector.
The different career options after doing MCA are as follows:
• Software Engineer
• Data Scientist
• Research Assistant
• Network Administrator
• Software Tester
• Design Engineer
• Web Designer/Developer
• Application Developer
• Business Analyst
• Game Programmer
• For the role of developer, you must have good command in programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• If a candidate is interested in the networking field, then he/she should have to be skilled in SQL, LINUX, etc. Apart from the subjects available in the curriculum, CCNA, CCNP certification courses will give advantage to the aspiring students.