Impermanence is the law of nature and accordingly, this pandemic situation is also about to end now and again we will lead our normal life. This year engineering admission processes will start whenever MHCET result will be declared. Tentative date for MHCET result declaration is 28th October 2021. Maharashtra Engineering Admission Process is appear to be complicated initially but once you get involved in the admission process it becomes simple for you. Engineering admission process and criteria will be same as authorized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of India. Here are some basic criteria for engineering admissions.
- A candidate seeking admission in Maharashtra must be citizen of Indian.
- Open category candidate of any state should have minimum 50% marks in 12th science, for backward category candidate (SC & ST) 45% marks are required.
- Positive valid score in either examinations MH-CET/JEE is necessary.
- Criteria for admissions are same for candidates of all boards (CBSC/ICSE/HSC) in India.
For candidate seeking admission in second year after completion of Diploma in engineering have to accomplish following criteria,
- A candidate seeking admission in engineering second year must be citizen of India.
- Diploma in engineering or technology with at least 45 % marks must be completed before application.
- Backward class category and physically disabled candidates (Resident of Maharashtra state only) are required to have 40% marks in diploma.
- Candidate must have completed his/her diploma from ‘All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)’ approved or its equivalent institute.
If you remember and understand the sequence of the stages of admission process then it will be easy. Once you are eligible for admission in engineering then first visit any ARC (Admission Reporting Center) center convenient for you and follow stages of admission process as given below,
- Document verification and application form filling
- Display of provisional merit list
- Display of final merit list
- Display of category wise seats
- Online form filling for CAP (Common Admission Process)
- Provisional Allotment
- Reporting to the allotted colleges
It is considered that candidates need to give choices of colleges not just by taking suggestions of other fellows, but by visiting the colleges of interest in person. Please, confirm the placement, lab facilities, staff experience & retaintivity, library and facilities for other curriculum like sports and cultural departments. Do not go under the impression of big buildings only but talk to current students and also faculties to understand real educational environment of an engineering college.
Always stay tuned with DTE site and do not trust on social media forwarded messages and news.
Posted in:Admission, Engineering