PGDM entrance exams in India are among the most challenging aspects of the business school experience. There is so much to read and learn, plan, and remember as you head into the examination hall. PGDM is a highly demanding program and it’s a significant investment of both money and time preparing for and completing the course.
As demand increases and admissions become more competitive, preparation is vital – for your application and your PGDM coursework. Not every studying technique works for every student, so if you’re gearing to prepare for the PGDM entrance examination in 2021, read the full guide with tips for students.
The following effective study tips can help reduce stress and increase your grade point average.
About PGDM examination in India
As an applicant, you may think that admissions committees care about your scores on a PGDM entrance exam. After all, admissions committees review lots of data about your academics, prior professional experience, extracurricular activities, and other qualifications. So why is there so much emphasis placed on PGDM admission entrance exam scores?
Your PGDM entrance exam score helps admissions committees easily compare you to all their other applicants. PGDM entrance exams are an entry ticket to get admission in the top Business Schools of India. If you are planning to pursue PGDM in the academic year 2021-23, there are a few of the top PGDM entrance exams in India. Here are a few of them.
- CAT 2021 – Common Admission Test
- XAT 2021 – Xaviers Admission Test
- MAT 2021 – Management Aptitude Test
- CMAT 2021 – Common Management Admission Test
- GMAT 2021– Graduation Management Aptitude Test
- MAH CET 2021 – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
- ATMA 2021– AIMS Test For Management Admission
While there are many different PGDM entrance exams in India, they’re all intended to measure your analytical, quantitative, verbal, reading, and writing skills.
For the procedure for ICAP 2021 examination for PGDM admission, you will need to register for admission to any of the courses, approved by AICTE, offered at Indira Institute of Management and Indira School of Business Studies, Pune.
Before applying for the admission process, candidates must have a written test score of any of the following tests: AICTE-CMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA/G-MAT/MH-CET and degree examination of a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks and minimum 45% marks for the reserved category with valid caste certificate. For the ICAP Process, candidates should fill up the ICAP online Registration form for GD, PI, and Counseling.
How to prepare for ICAP 2021?
With only a few months leading up to the examination, you must assess where you stand and get planning about the ICAP examination. Follow the percentile and scoring statistics of the previous year’s ICAP examination. Making an effective timetable for ICAP 2021 preparation will prove to be extremely beneficial.
The essential focus areas in which the students are tested are: –
- Command over the English language, i.e. vocabulary, precision, expression, and grammar.
- Logical and Reasoning ability– this requires basic knowledge of Math and Statistics, besides having a grip over logical thinking in general.
- Knowledge about National and World affairs- Having good knowledge of the current ‘hot topics’ will take you one step ahead.
- Leadership Qualities and Public Speaking prowess- These attributes are mainly tested through ‘Group Discussions’.
Here’s how you will prepare for ICAP 2021 and successfully secure your admission into a top
PGDM Management Colleges of Pune. Let’s get prepping step-by-step.
- Get your basics correct – Once the syllabus and exam pattern is well understood, you may start working on the fundamentals of each topic. Reading regularly is essential to get a good grip on the verbal ability section. After getting yourself well-versed with the basics, start solving section-wise, and chapter-wise test papers.
- Solve mock tests- Preparing for ICAP is tough and to get confidence over your preparation, make sure you attempt to solve mock tests. These simulated ICAP sample papers are designed to help the students understand the paper and what it could behold. That said, mock test results give a clear indication of the aspirant’s strengths and weaknesses and give you ample time to improve your weak areas and strengthen your b areas to improve your score.
- Focus on b subjects- It is a smart move if you are working more on subjects which are your b suit. This does not imply that you leave the weak subjects unattended. If you are investing more time on subjects that require deeper attention, you are losing time. Instead, it is wise to divert attention to the subjects you’ve mastered well.
- Prepare notes- Prepare separate notes for each chapter and make sure that the notes are comprehensive and cover important keywords from the chapter. These notes will serve as a ready reckoner when you need to revise the syllabus in a limited period.
- Follow a time table- Say you got a headstart on ‘What to prepare?’, but ‘How to prepare?’ Make a time-table with both short-term and long-term goals. A time table makes you disciplined and helps you focus well. Consider these points while making a time table:
- Set realistic and achievable goals
- Block your study hours during the most productive hours
- Block extra time for the difficult subject
- Do not study at a stretch, take short breaks in between
“Don’t forget to de-stress yourself and take good care of your mind to be able to afford unbridled focus and concentration while attempting the exam.”
- Focus on concepts- Focus on learning the key concepts throughout your preparation. Understanding and reading out loud helps you to remember the concepts for a very long period. Moreover, when you have a clear understanding of the concepts, you can handle questions that were tricky at the first attempt.
ICAP 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
Preparing for a PGDM entrance exam poses quite a few challenges, which include but are not limited to the vastness of the syllabus, the difficulty level of questions as well as the level of competition. So, here, we’ve simplified the key aspects of the ICAP 2021 syllabus for a head start.
- Know the exam pattern- ICAP or Indira Common Admission Process, as it is commonly known, comprises three major sections namely- ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)’. In ICAP 2020, the verbal section (VARC) had 26 questions, data interpretation (DILR) had 24 questions, and the quant section (QA) had 26 questions.
- Study the syllabus- ICAP Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Syllabus:-
- Reading Comprehension: A major component in the ICAP exam, you’ll find that out of 26 questions in the VARC section; there are 4 passages in this section.
- Paragraph Summary: This test checks a student’s reasoning and analytical skills.
- Para-jumbles & Misfit Sentences: You will be tested to re-arrange a lengthy sentence which could be a time-consuming task.
- ICAP Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Syllabus – Below is the list of topics to be studied for ICAP 2021: Tables, Caselets, Column Graphs, Line Charts, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Venn Diagrams, Combination of two or more types linked to each other Games & Tournaments, Calendars; Cubes, Clocks, Number and Letter Series, Venn Diagrams, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement; Syllogism; Logical Matching; Logical Sequence; Logical Connectives; Blood Relations.
- ICAP Quantitative Ability Syllabus- Number Systems; LCM and HCF; Profit, Loss and Discount; Percentages; Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Simple and Compound Interest; Ratio and Proportion; Averages; Quadratic Equations; Linear Equations; Complex Numbers; Logarithm; Binomial Theorem; Sequences and Series; Surds and Indices; Inequalities; Probability; Permutation and Combination; Set Theory; Functions; Geometry; Mixtures and Alligations; Trigonometry; Coordinate Geometry; and Menstruation.
Three Months Preparation Strategy for ICAP 2021
It is probably January when you’re reading this and you might have a big question in mind, ‘how to crack ICAP in 3 months?’ or ‘how can I crack ICAP in 3 months?’
Experts of ICAP suggest that to score good committed preparation of three months would be ample enough. So, if you haven’t started preparation yet, it’s a good time to start now. Indira brings you expert advice on how to prepare for ICAP 2021 in 3 months before D-Day.
- Be accurate and punctual- Fix a time frame of a minimum of 200 minutes to attempt a set of 100 questions such as critical reasoning, puzzles, ratio, algebra, and various data that needs more reading and practice. Time yourself to polish your skills with speed and accuracy.
- Increase in concentration- Learning within a shorter span of time makes reading more intense provided you concentrate well. Aim to increase your concentration levels to improve accuracy. When you concentrate on a concept, you get a better grasp and gain the confidence to crack ICAP 2021.
- Strengthen your strengths- The best way of study for ICAP 2021 involves focussing on your strengths. To get through the exam, you need to smartly decode the mystery of percentiles. This can be tactically done by focussing on core concepts that are your strengths, which could possibly ensure a higher percentile score.
- Practice and practice- As said, practice makes a man perfect, and in order to do so, you must keep practicing all the modules to sharpen your learning. Keep solving practice tests to get encouraged for future learning in weak areas. “The more you are accustomed to sitting for a period of time, answering test questions, and pacing yourself, the more comfortable you will feel when you actually sit down to take the test.”
- Cover the basics- Take a target of 2 weeks and cover all the basics of Quantitative Aptitude. You could learn from a good Quantitative Aptitude book or read books and Materials package from a reputed coaching institute.
Last-Minute Preparation Tips for ICAP 2021
Sweaty palms, anxious grins, needless to say, you’re quite anxious about the test by now. Again, preparation is the only systematic and smarter way of preparing for ICAP 2021 if you’re just a week away from it. ICAP Experts have listed down the following tips to help you boost your preparation for ICAP 2021 exam and improve your percentile by almost 30% in the last week.
Here are a few last-minute tips to crack ICAP 2021 like a topper:
- Focus on no negative mark questions- With just one week to go for the ICAP 2021 exam, you should lay special emphasis and focus on solving non-MCQs questions. ICAP 2021 test-takers must practice more on non-MCQs and try to get a majority of them right. The Non-MCQs asked in the ICAP 2021 exam do not attract any negative marking. This gives aspirants a unique opportunity to push their ICAP 2021 percentile ahead without the fear of being penalized.
- Don’t stress about the level of difficulty- As the day of the exam approaches, it is natural to start worrying about the difficulty level of the ICAP 2021 exam may lead to a lack of confidence in your preparation. Moreover, you must not put your attention to the Level of Difficulty as it will vary from one aspirant to another. Therefore, you should stay unaffected by such rumors and focus on your preparation during the last week.
- Don’t overdo mock tests- Many experts suggest that aspirants must maintain a fine balance when attempting mock tests during the last week. By taking too many, for instance, two mock tests per day, you may end up taxing your brain too much. It’s better to plan your mock tests in a way that you get enough time to analyze and understand your mistakes and get clarity in the weaker areas.
- Speed and Accuracy- Maximum Accuracy is not the ultimate goal of the ICAP examination. If you focus only on accuracy, you will put a lot of pressure on yourself due to time constraints and negative marking. Therefore, the ideal way to maintain a fine balance between Accuracy and Speed is by focussing on ‘easy’ questions first.
- Revisit the fundamentals- Candidates who have clarity of concepts and a better grasp of their concepts & formulas fundamentals will be able to solve these questions. Therefore, along with taking regular mock tests, it is also important to revise Quant formulas, understand concepts of DI, RC, and LR. For the VA section, keep reading the latest editorials from newspapers, news portals, and magazines.
ICAP 2021 Exam Day Checklist
With just a few days justify for the ICAP 2021, it is essential that the candidates make themselves familiar with the exam day instructions.
Given below is a checklist of some important things, which candidates must make sure to carry at the ICAP 2021 test centre. Some of these are the documents without which candidates will be prohibited to enter the examination hall on the ICAP 201 test day.
- ICAP Admit Card 2021
- Photo Identity Proof
- Stationery Items
- Authorization Form
- Medical Certificate and Scribe Affidavit
- Name Change Document
- Covid-19 related items
Furthermore, the authorities would not take into consideration the soft copy of the admit card, instead, it must be printed on the A4 size paper. Recheck the following details mentioned on the admit card of ICAP 2021:
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
- PwD status
- Date and day of the test
- Test time and session
- Reporting/ Entry time at Centre
- Gate Closing Time of Centre
- Test City
- Test Center address
As a photo identity proof, a candidate can carry any of the following:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- College ID( must be supported with a valid debit/credit card)
- Note that the original photo ID proof has to be carried instead of the xerox copy of the photo ID
Covid-19 Mandatory Items
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, to ensure safety candidates are allowed to carry these items to the ICAP 2021 exam centres:
- Hand sanitizer
- Face masks
- Self-declaration issued with ICAP 2021 admit card
- Transparent water bottle
ICAP 2021 Examination Centres in India
|Date: 21st March 2021 Time- 9.30am|
|Nagpur, Indore, Lucknow, Ranchi|
|Date: 4th April 2021 Time: 9.30 am|
|Jabalpur, Bhopal, Jaipur, Gwalior, Kanpur, Patna|
|Date: 5th April 2021 Time: 9.30 am|
|Date: 12th April 2021 Time: 9.30 am|
Your success in the ICAP 2021 examination depends to a large extent on how well you prepare, so it’s worth considering these expert techniques to help you retain information and reduce your stress levels.
ICAP 2021 Examination at Indira-Pune’s leading management colleges
ICAP 2021 entrance exams for PGDM admission to the 2021 batch are all set to begin and as an aspirant, you must start your preparations for the exams and enable you to score best in the exams. Indira School of Business Studies (ISBS) and Indira Institute of Management (IIMP), one of the top PGDM colleges in India accepting the larger national level PGDM entrance exams in India.
If you’re preparing to enter the competitive business world of today, we believe it is with Indira.
Start your preparation to enter India’s best Management colleges.